Facebook has become an important part of everyone’s life. It’s a great way of keeping in touch with friends, and meeting old friends again. Facebook is also used to learn about someone and what they like and what they don’t like. What you do on facebook is now actually a part of your social life. How you interact with people and how you respond to status updates, comments etc.
After a breakup, what you do on facebook is actually extremely important because you can bet that your ex and their friends are keeping an eye on your facebook profile. So let’s look at a few things that you can do on facebook that will destroy your chances of getting back together.
1. Sad status updates: It’s quite normal. Someone breaks up after a long relationship; they feel heartbroken; and they feel the need to share their pain with the world. And the next thing you know is a depressing sad status message which shows that you are not able to handle yourself after the breakup. Well guess what, your ex saw that, and so did all their friends. But that’s understandable since you were so much in love with them, right? No it’s not, like I said in the first step of the 3 step plan, begging and pleading and telling them how much you love them is just going to drive them away. And sad status updates are just a way of telling them how much you love them. So, do yourself a favor and stay away from sad status updates.
2. Commenting on your ex’s status and posting on their wall: You’ve got to give your ex their space after the breakup. Commenting all the time on their status and posting on their walls is almost the same as following them around all the time. It’s downright stalking. So, just staying away from your ex’s profile is a good idea.
3. Relationship status: What should you do of your relationship status? If you change it from “In a relationship” to “single” you will find that people commenting on the change. Comments like “I am so sorry dude”, or “Welcome to the single life” are like pouring salt on an open wound. Instead of changing your relationship status, you can just remove the relationship status option from your facebook profile. To do that, just go to your relationship status and select the empty box on top. It will remove the relationship status option from your profile.
4. Blocking Your Ex Completely: Well, if you are mad at your ex and you decide to completely block your ex, in an attempt to show that you don’t care anymore, you might actually be hurting your chances. Showing too much hostility only shows how much you were hurt from the breakup and how unstable you are.
5. Obsessing over your ex’s profile: This is the biggest mistake that you can do. After a breakup, it is normal to go check your ex’s profile and see what they have posted and what they are talking about with their friends. But if you find yourself doing it all the time and obsessing over every little status update that your ex makes, then you need to stop. There is no hidden meaning in their status updates, and no, they didn’t really mean it when they said “I feel awesome”. They are as devastated as you are from the breakup and they are just keeping their poise and trying to look sane on facebook. If you can’t stop obsessing over their profile, then it will be a good idea to unfriend your ex on facebook. I know that this is contrary to mistake no. 4, but you need to understand that you have to put yourself before your ex. That is the key to winning back your love. If you always put your ex before yourself, you will have a hard time getting them back.